Saturday, October 17, 2009

Minding My Own Business

Yesterday morning I was sitting in my favorite early morning spot, just me and my silky terrier, Hobie. I am minding my own business doing my Bible study and low and behold the Lord begins to show me my sin against Him.

I am stunned! Not that I do not think I have any sin, I am not that delusional!! It was the way the unveiling came to my attention that took me by surprise.

Here’s how it started. One in a Million is an awesome study by Priscilla Shirer about crossing over into the promise land. I am reading Numbers 20 about how the Israelites arrived into the Desert of Zin and they had no water. They were upset and quarreling.

Moses and his brother Aaron go to the only source of water they know - God. God tells Moses what to do, “Speak to that rock before their eyes (Israelites) and it will pour out water.” Moses goes out and stands before the people and strikes the rock twice. The Lord spoke to Moses about the sin he had committed… “because you did not trust Me enough to honor Me in the sight of the Israelites…”

Wow, straight to the heart! I have done this myself with in the last week. Not trusted God enough to honor Him and what He said to do in front of others. It is my partial obedience, saying yes but doing it my way.

The pang of pain was so great, my heart hurt. With great remorse and sadness I asked the Lord to forgive my sin against Him and the dishonor I brought to His name and character.

It is amazing what can happen when you are minding your own business!

No comments:

Post a Comment