Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Sarah

I had a hard time sleeping the other night so I came into my recently designed prayer room. (My daughter moved out and I turned her room into a little prayer room.) I was pacing around it, praying when I decided to sit down and open my Bible. It was 11:11 on the clock. I knew this time, that time... meant something. Hebrews, yes Hebrews 11:11. (You know how you just know that God is speaking to you? You just know, and I just knew 11:11 was Hebrews 11:11)

I turned my Bible there and read...By faith Sarah herself received power to conceive, even when she was past the age, since she considered him faithful who had promised.

By faith, by faith, Sarah received the power to conceive, even when she was past the age... I stopped there... at 50, honestly, I feel past the age at times. "Why" I wonder did I not grasp hold of this calling earlier in my life?? But I do know, God knows.

Sarah had gone through so much in her life; leaving her home, being represented as Abraham's sister instead of wife, a maid servant as a rival and on top of all of that, barren. Then this sweet reminder in Hebrews to sum up her life: by faith Sarah herself received power to conceive since she considered him faithful who had promised.

God is faithful to His promises! We can by faith receive the power to conceive and birth a live birth, just like Sarah, according to God's promise.

What has God spoken into your heart that needs to receive power to conceive? Receive the power and believe that He who is faithful will do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment